Why would you go to Open Mic Night at The Box?

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Open Mic night moved!

As I was able to go to Hogi Yogi for Open Mic Night I was really impressed with the talent that was being with held in the town of Rexburg. Most people got up and played on their guitars and jammed out, but there were also some brave folks who shined in the laughter of their jokes.

I found out that Open Mic Night was moving from Hogi Yogi to The Box and I was curious. Tyler Beus who opened Open Mic Night and introduced the idea to Hogi Yogi let me interview him further. One reason they moved was because e felt they weren't appreciated and wanted to take Open Mic Night to a new Venue.

Many musicians are playing a Open Mic Night each Tuesday including former American Idol artist Jon Peter Lewis who got 8th place on the second American Idol season. He agreed to an interview where I was able to get more of my questions answered.

I went to Visit The Box and I must say for myself I was impressed. I do agree with Tyler that Rexburg needs more places like this.

Below
The video of Open Mic Night.
Map of where the Box is.
Map of where Open Mic Night was.
More interview with JPL.




Map to The Box.


View Larger Map

Directions Old Location at Hogi Yogi to The Box

No comments:

Post a Comment